Garage Sale Permits
Permits for garage sales are available at City Hall from the Planning Department, in the Lower Level. Each permit costs $20 and is good for two consecutive days. You will need to provide proof of residence in order to obtain a permit. Each lot in the City is allowed three (3) permits per year.
S.H.M.C. Section 20.10.020
(F) "Garage sales" means the sale of personal items owned by the property owner or tenant of the lot on which the sale is being conducted. A maximum of three garage sale events shall be permitted per year. Each event shall not exceed two consecutive days. A permit shall be required for each event, and shall be obtained at the planning department (or via the City’s website).
To assist you in having the best garage sale experience, we recommend that you do the following:
1. Permit holder must be present during the entire garage sale event.
2. Advise your neighbors that you are planning to have a garage sale.
3. Start and end at reasonable times. Recommended times are from 7:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
4. Remove ALL signs posted following the event.
5. Do not place sale items on the sidewalk, parkway or street; do not sell new items.
6. Park your cars elsewhere so that your customers can park in front of your property. Monitor your patrons and discourage them from double-parking or from blocking your neighbor’s driveways.
7. No loud music.
Upcoming Garage Sales
October 2, 2020: 2494 Walnut Avenue
October 3-4, 2020: 1889 Raymond Apt #1